Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Photos: New Canaan Nature Center’s Winter Farmer’s Market

The kids and I went to the New Canaan Nature Center’s Winter Farmer’s Market and I was really pleased with it.
1. It was indoors.
2. There were beautiful fruits and veggies.
3. There was FOOD! LOTS OF IT! PIES! SANDWICHES! SOUP!
4. All the vendors were nice. (I appreciated the oohing and aahing over my two month old by several of them. And another one even offered to take my photo with my two kiddos!)

Decent prices on the veggies, I thought!

The only bad things were that
1. My mouth was numb from dental work so I couldn’t enjoy the food today
2. My active, almost 3 year old kept my attention divided so I couldn’t leisurely browse.
3. I had already grocery shopped for the week. Next week I’ll try to leave more room in my food plan for Farmer’s Market stuff.

We are definitely going back next week. This is a pilot program for the month of February, every Tuesday from 12-3. Please come out and show your support if you’re interested so the NCNC will continue it into March!

The Farmer’s Market was kid-friendly overall. I mean, you do not want to take your eyes off your (hyper)active toddler/preschooler, because there are pots of soup, but it’s a contained area so you won’t lose your kid if you say, sample some iced coffee. There’s also a neat outdoor playground on the way out that has furniture made from tree stumps and big bronze turtles. Really nice day outing if the weather is good.

More photos after the jump.





No comments: